Directorate of Training, Research & Production
In the wake of 18th constitutional amendment the subject of population planning was devolved to the provinces.To bridge the gap of capacity building/ training and research, Government of the Punjab has establish the Directorate of Training, Research and Production (TR&P) as an attached department of Population Welfare Department.
This directorate will act as an arm of department to focus on Human Resource Development. It will also focus on facilitation of researchers, policy makers, programme managers and other stakeholders for better understanding of Demographic Issues and to impart training not only to the employees of the population welfare department but also to provide orientation on Demographic & Reproductive Health Issues to other Nation Building Departments/Institutions. The said directorate is mandated to look after the administrative and budgetary matters related to Population Welfare Training Institute Lahore, Regional Training Institutes (Lahore, Multan, Faisalabad, Sahiwal) and Printing and Publication Unit Lahore.
Mrs. Noor Afshan has assumed the charge of Director Training, Research and Production (TR&P) on 28th March, 2018.
Functions of Directorate of Training Research and Publication are as follows:
- Promotion of learning and training culture within the employees of PWD, Punjab.
- Facilitation, monitoring and implementation of training policy/plans.
- Preparation of the training strategy.
- Training, research/ publication need assessment and preparation operational plan in coordination with the departmental and other public sector stakeholders.
- Provision of assistance to all directorates/DPWOs/Clinical and Non-Clinical training institutions in development of training processes.
- Guide and assist various programme levels in designing and production of IEC material on programme themes.
- Development and monitoring of a comprehensive training management information system (TMIS).
- Collaboration with national and international training institutions and organizations for capacity building of training institutes and production unit.
- Coordination and strengthening of operational research, policy analysis and impact surveys.
- Administrative matters relating RTIs, PWTIs, and PnP unit.
- Budget, accounts and audit matters.
- Service matters except those entrusted to Services and General Administration Department.
- Matters incidental and ancillary to the above subjects.
Composition of Directorate Training Research and Production is as follows.
- Population Welfare Training Institute Lahore
- Regional Training Institute Lahore
- Regional Training Institute Faisalabad
- Regional Training Institute Sahiwal
- Regional Training Institute Multan